Friday, December 20, 2013

The Sub-$200 Small-scale Rally Car Roundup at RCNewb and Sale at HobbyPeople

I've long been a fan of rally cars.  Someday, I'm going to make the 4 hour drive to spectate at the STPR in PA.
My first RC car was a Tamiya FF02, which was awesome and easy to put together, but it couldn't hold a candle to my friend's HPI RS4 Rally.  It was faster, it could romp through grass, had decent shocks, and it handled great.  The Tamiya was heavy, suffered from understeer due to FWD, had clunky shocks and sometimes couldn't clear a pebble.   
Reminiscing aside, RC Newb has put together a great list of some great rally cars under $200 to get you started.  Among the picks is the HPI Micro RS4 Ken Block 1/18 Ford Fiesta Replica.  And while I still miss the 1/10th RS4, the smaller size isn't bad.  See the real one in action at the STPR link above.


On an unrelated note, HobbyPeople is mustering up their last weekend sale before Christmas.  Take advantage of the savings on planes, helicopters, trucks, batteries and more.



No comments:

Post a Comment